Friday, June 18, 2010

Easy Fajitas

In the past few months or so, I've really come to like bell peppers. A lot. Sometimes I crave them. Maybe I should change "like" to "love" in my first sentence, I think that would be more appropriate!

My favorite way to use bell peppers is in fajitas. The few minutes that they are in the pan gives them such a wonderful flavor while keeping a crisp texture. I like to keep my fajitas simple with an easy marinade. From start to finish this meal takes about 2 hours, but that includes time to marinate the meat. This meal has become a weekly favorite in our house!














Easy Chicken Fajitas (2 servings)

4 fresh or frozen chicken tenders, cut into strips
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp fajita seasoning (I use the Penzey's blend)
1 tbsp water
1 lime
2-3 bell peppers, cut into strips (I like to use three different colors, but all green would be okay)
4-5 tortillas, flour or corn
Shredded colby jack cheese

1. In a tupperware container or ziploc bag, mix together the fajita seasoning and water. Add olive oil and the juice of 1 lime. Mix well, then add chicken strips. Allow to marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator. Do not marinate more than 2 hours.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Pour chicken and marinade into hot pan and spread out. Allow chicken to cook 4-5 minutes, then stir and continue to cook for a few more minutes until chicken is cooked through.
3. Add sliced bell peppers to pan and stir with chicken. Cook for 2-3 more minutes. Turn off heat.
4. Divide chicken and peppers between the tortillas, top with shredded cheese, and roll up.

Optional - onion strips could be added to the pepper mix.

Source: Penzey's Spices


No comments:

Post a Comment